This Vegan Loaded Queso Dip is a perfect appetizer for your party and potlucks! It's a hit with vegans and non-vegans alike!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Some product links on some posts are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This vegan loaded queso dip is so yummy!
Creamy from the potatoes and cashews!
Cheesy from the nutritional yeast!
Spicy from the green chilis and chipotle powder!
Loaded with black beans, vegan chorizo, and tomatoes!
As good as any queso dip out there!
Unlike my other recipes, this one is not totally oil-free due to the vegan chorizo. I use Trader Joe’s vegan Soy Chorizo in this recipe. I am working on creating an oil free vegan chorizo recipe, but this dip was such a hit, I decided to go ahead and share it. I'll update it when I get my vegan chorizo perfected.
I’ve shared this dip at parties and potlucks, and it has received rave reviews from several non-vegans. The best review I received was from one of my daughters’ college friends who declared that it was not just the best vegan queso they had ever eaten, but the best queso they had ever eaten!
How to Make This Vegan Loaded Queso Dip
To make this dip, start by cooking the onion and potato in a pot with two cups of water. Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the onion and potato are soft.
While the onion and potato are cooking, add the remain cheese sauce ingredients to a high speed blender. When the onion and potatoes are soft, remove them from the pot with a slotted spoon and add them to the blender. I use a cup of the cooking water for the water in the cheese sauce recipe. Blend the cheese sauce ingredients until the sauce is smooth.
Pour the sauce into a small crock pot. Mine holds 2 quarts, which is the perfect size for this dip. Stir in the diced tomatoes, black beans, and vegan chorizo. Cook on high for about 2 hours, until the dip is hot. If you don't have a mini crock pot, the dip can be heated on the stove, but be sure to stir it continually until it is heated so it doesn't scorch on the bottom. Alternatively, you can heat the dip in the microwave.
Serve this Vegan Loaded Queso Dip with oil-free baked tortilla chips and enjoy! Let me know in the comments below how you like this Loaded Queso Dip!
For more Mexican recipes, see
- Black Bean & Grilled Vegetable Tacos
- Cherry Tomato Salsa
- Quinoa & Black Bean Enchiladas
- Mexican Brown Rice
Pin to save for later
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a rating and feedback below. It only takes a few seconds, but helps other visitors to my site and helps my site gain other readers. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment!
And be sure to sign up for my email list to be among the first to hear about my new recipes. (I promise not to spam you or share your information.)
Vegan Loaded Queso Dip
Cheese Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- ¼ pack of Trader Joe’s vegan Soyrizo or other brand of vegan chorizo.
- Bring the onion and potatoes to a boil in pot with two cups of water. Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer, cover, and cook for approximately 10 minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the onions and potatoes to a high speed blender. Add one cup of the cooking water.
- Add all of the remaining cheese sauce ingredients, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the cheese sauce to a mini crock pot or sauce pan.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, black beans, and Soyrizo.
- Heat the sauce in a mini crock pot until hot (approximately 2 hours).
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Nutrition calculations are approximate.