These oil-free vegan biscuits are perfect for breakfast sandwiches, topping for veggie pot pie, or just eating fresh out of the oven with a bit of jam.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Some product links on some posts are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I did it! I finally came up with a great recipe for oil-free vegan biscuits!
Growing up, I often made the biscuits for our family's weekend breakfasts. I learned from my dad that the secret to tender biscuits was to not over mix the ingredients, and to only knead the dough a few times.
Most of the oil-free biscuits I've tried have been too dense for my preference. I had given up on oil-free biscuits, until I discovered my secret ingredient.
My Tofu Cashew Mayonnaise makes a perfect substitute for oil or butter in this recipe!
This Oil-Free Vegan biscuit recipe is perfect for biscuits and gravy, breakfast biscuit sandwiches, topping for veggie pot pies, or just fresh out of the oven with a bit of jam.
To make these biscuits, begin by mixing a teaspoon and a half of vinegar into a half cup of soy milk and set aside.
Stir together the dry ingredients. Then, with a fork or pastry cutter, mix in the Tofu Cashew Mayonnaise until the mixture is crumbly. It should look like this.
Add the soy milk and mix with a fork, just until the dough comes together.
On a floured surface, knead the dough just a few times. Flatten to about ¾ inch and cut into biscuits with a biscuit cutter or a glass. Depending on the size of your cutter, this recipe makes approximately 8 biscuits.
Place the biscuits on a parchment covered baking sheet and bake for 10 - 12 minutes at 450 degrees.
I hope you enjoy these biscuits!
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a rating and feedback below. It only takes a few seconds, but helps other visitors to my site and helps my site gain other readers. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment!
And be sure to sign up for my email list to be among the first to hear about my new recipes. (I promise not to spam you or share your information.)
Oil Free Vegan Biscuits
- ½ cup soy milk
- 1 ½ teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Tofu Cashew Mayo
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Stir the white vinegar into the soy milk and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add the mayonnaise to the flour mixture and combine with a pastry cutter or fork to mix until crumbly.
- Add the soy milk and stir just until combined.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough just a few times – do not over mix.
- Pat out the dough to about a ½ inch thickness and cut into biscuits with a round cookie cutter or a glass.
- Place the biscuits on a parchment lined pan and bake for 10-12 minutes, until they begin to brown on top.
Nutrition facts are approximate.