This easy Berry Sauce is delicious spooned over pancakes or waffles, ice cream, cake, yogurt, or cheesecake. Make it in minutes, and bring your breakfast and desserts from common to extraordinary!
I absolutely love berry season! There’s just nothing like the taste of fresh picked berries! I have loads of them growing in my garden, and what better way to enjoy them than this simple berry sauce.
Berries are also loaded with health properties. High in fiber, and antioxidants, they are a food product you’ll want to make a part of your daily diet.
This sauce is absolutely scrumptious! It’s a tasty and healthy alternative to maple syrup for our weekend pancakes or waffles. It’s also a delicious berry compote for cheesecake! And it’s heavenly spooned over my homemade vanilla ice cream!
What do I need to make this berry sauce?
This berry sauce couldn’t be easier. It’s made from just 4 simple ingredients:
- Berries – blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, marionberries, or any combination of them. Fresh or frozen berries can be used.
- Sugar – I used organic sugar in my sauce. Alternatively, you could use maple syrup, coconut sugar, or agave nectar
- Cornstarch – to thicken the sauce. If you are sensitive to corn, you can use arrowroot powder
How to make this sauce
Place the berries, 1/4 cup of water, and the sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. You can mash some of the berries, if you desire.
In a small cup, mix together the corn starch and the remaining water. Pour this into the pot of berries, and stir until the mixture is thickened.
How can I use this berry sauce?
- Use it as a fruit topping for cheesecake.
- Enjoy it as a fruit sauce for pancakes or waffles.
- Top a bowl of ice cream or use as an ice cream sundae topping.
- Stir some into a cup of vegan yogurt.
- Make a parfait by layering vegan yogurt, berry sauce, and granola.
How long will this sauce last?
This berry sauce will keep for up to a week in a covered container in your refrigerator. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
Recipes you might also like:
- Blueberry Oat Bars
- Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream
- Fat Free Apple Crisp
- Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Vegan Whipped Cream
Pin for later
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a rating and feedback below. It only takes a few seconds, but helps other visitors to my site and helps my site gain other readers. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment!
And come join my Oil Free Vegan Recipes and Support Facebook group, where you can share your favorite oil free vegan recipes, and give and receive support on your plant based journey.
Easy 4 Ingredient Berry Sauce
- 4 cups fresh or frozen berries
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar or sweetener of choice
- 2 Tbsp corn starch mixed with 2 Tbsp water
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the berries, ½ cup of water, and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- In a small cup or bowl, mix together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water. Slowly pour this mixture into the berries, and allow to simmer, stirring continually, until the mixture thickens.