Delicious Vegan Whole Wheat Pancakes are quick and easy to make with simple ingredients. Enjoy these oil free pancakes for a plant based breakfast your whole family will love.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
Looking for a quick and tasty plant based breakfast? Wanting something that the whole family will enjoy, vegan or not? These whole wheat vegan pancakes are a perfect option for a weekend morning.
Made with easy to find pantry ingredients, you can have light, fluffy, healthy pancakes in minutes! No oil, eggs, or dairy necessary!
Ingredients needed for these whole wheat vegan pancakes:
This is a list of the ingredients in these pancakes. The measured amounts are in the recipe card below.
- Whole wheat pastry flour – to make these gluten free, a gluten free flour blend can be substituted
- Baking powder
- Ground flax seed – an excellent source of Omega 3 fatty acid.
- Non-dairy milk – I use plain unsweetened soy milk, but feel free to use your favorite non-dairy milk
- Maple syrup
- Apple cider vinegar
These oil free vegan pancakes take only minutes to whip up, so they’re perfect for weekends, or even a weekday morning. Since they’re made with whole wheat flour, they have plenty of fiber to fill you up and keep you satisfied.
HELPFUL TIP: To cook these pancakes without oil, you’ll need a good quality non-stick pan or skillet. My favorite non-stick skillet is this Ozeri Stone Earth pan. I’ve been using this pan frequently for over two and a half years now, and nothing sticks to it!
Variations and serving suggestions:
- Stir some fruit into the batter, such as blueberries, raspberries, chopped banana, or diced strawberries
- Add some chocolate chips to the batter for chocolate chip pancakes
- Top with maple syrup, or with my Easy Vegan Berry Sauce.
- Make this a full meal by serving with my Tofu Scramble and my Vegan Breakfast Sausage Links.
How to store leftover pancakes:
Leftover pancakes can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days. You can also make a double batch of these pancakes and freeze them for easy breakfasts. Just place them in an air tight container or ziploc bag and squeeze out as much air as you can. You can place a piece of parchment between the pancakes to keep them from sticking together.
More plant based breakfast recipes
- Vegan Breakfast Casserole
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Vegan Eggs Benedict
- Vegan Breakfast Hash
- Oil Free Granola
- Vegan Frittata
- Vegan French Toast
- Biscuits and Gravy
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a rating and feedback below. It only takes a few seconds, but helps other visitors to my site and helps my site gain other readers. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment!
And come join my Oil Free Vegan Recipes and Support Facebook group, where you can share your favorite oil free vegan recipes, and give and receive support on your plant based journey.
Vegan Whole Wheat Pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine the flour, baking powder, flax seed, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together the non-dairy milk, maple syrup, vinegar, and vanilla. Allow this to sit for a few minutes.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- With a ¼ cup or ⅓ cup measuring cup, pour batter onto the hot pan.
- Flip the pancakes when they are bubbly and beginning to dry around the edges. The second side will cook faster than the first side. Remove from the pan when they are golden brown.
Nutrition calculations are approximate.