This easy and delicious Oil Free Vegan Granola can be made in just a few minutes of prep time with only 7 easy ingredients! It’s wonderful for breakfast with a little non-dairy milk or yogurt, or great as a healthy snack to eat by the handful!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
Homemade granola is so much healthier and tastier than the granola you get from the store. Most of them use processed sugars and complicated ingredients. And even the ones that are marketed as being more natural still contain oil.
Good news! There’s no need to buy granola when you can make easy homemade granola right at home!
It’s so quick to make, and way cheaper than those little bags or boxes of store bought granola. And so much healthier, too!
When you make it yourself, you can avoid all of the processed sugars and unhealthy ingredients. And oil isn’t necessary at all for creating a nice crunchy granola.
You can also customize it to your own taste preference by changing up the spices and add-ins.
This oil free granola recipe is so so simple! You can certainly add all kinds of dried fruits and seeds, but it’s not necessary. Just a few ingredients are all you really need.
- Old fashioned rolled oats
- Chopped walnuts – I chose walnuts because they are a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids which are heart healthy and help fight inflammation.
- Cinnamon – I love cinnamon in my granola, but feel free to switch it up with your favorite spices.
- Pure maple syrup – a delicious sweetener for this granola. You can use agave, if you prefer.
- Almond butter – use a brand that is made of only almonds, with no added salt, oil, or sweetener.
- Vanilla – adds a delicious flavor to the granola.
- Salt – just a little to round out the flavor.
How to make oil free granola
This delicious granola only takes a few minutes of hands on time, and is so easy to make! Here are the simple steps to make this awesome recipe!
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 325° F and line a 9 x 13 inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, chopped nuts, cinnamon and salt.
Step 3: Whisk together the maple syrup, almond butter, and vanilla.
Step 4: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
Step 5: Spread the granola mixture onto the prepared pan and spread out evenly.
Step 6: Bake for about 30 minutes at 325° F. Stir the granola after the first 15 minutes. Watch carefully at the end of baking to make sure it doesn’t burn. Remove from the oven when it’s golden brown.
Step 7: Cool completely. The granola will become crunchy as it cools.
- Substitute the walnuts with other types of nuts and seeds. Sliced almonds or chopped pecans are good options. If you are nut free, try pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds. You can even substitute some or all of the nuts with coconut flakes.
- Instead of almond butter, try using another nut butter or even sunflower butter.
- Change up the spices. How about some pumpkin spice?
- Add some dried fruit for some additional sweetness. This should be mixed in after the the granola is baked.
- Substitute maple syrup with agave.
Enjoy this healthy granola in a bowl with some soy milk or almond milk and some fresh fruit. It’s also delicious with vegan yogurt. I love to sprinkle a little over my Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream. And it’s a great afternoon snack eaten by the handful.
Frequently asked questions
It depends on how it is made. Store granola is usually sweetened with refined sugars, and almost always contains oil.
My baked granola contains neither of these and is made with healthy plant based ingredients. It’s a high fiber, protein rich breakfast or snack.
To ensure that this recipe is gluten free, but sure to use gluten free certified rolled oats. All of the other ingredients in this granola recipe are naturally gluten free.
Once it has completely cooled, store it in an airtight container. it will keep for up to a month, if it lasts that long!
For more vegan breakfasts, see:
- Whole Wheat Vegan Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Vegan French Toast
- Vegan Granola Bars
- Tofu Scramble
- Vegan Frittata
- Vegan Breakfast Hash
- Blueberry Oat Bars
- Vegan Breakfast Sausage Links
- Vegan Biscuits and Gravy
- Vegan Eggs Benedict
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a rating and feedback below. It only takes a few seconds, but helps other visitors to my site. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment!
And come join my Oil Free Vegan Recipes and Support Facebook group, where you can share your favorite oil free vegan recipes, and give and receive support on your plant based journey.
Oil Free Vegan Granola
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together to coat all of the dry ingredients.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake the granola for 30 minutes, stirring after the first 15 minutes. Watch the granola carefully towards the end of the baking time to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Once the granola is done baking, remove from the oven and let it cool completely. The granola will get crunchier once it is cooled.
- Store in an air tight container for up to a month.
Nutrition calculations are approximate.