These vegan carrot muffins are moist, spicy, and delicious! They’re vegan, oil-free, and so easy to make. Made with whole grain flour and sweetened with maple syrup, they’re healthy enough for breakfast, and tasty enough for a mid day snack.
I love a good muffin! Whether for breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea, or snack time at home or on the go, these vegan carrot muffins are just perfect!
Muffins are a great way to get fruits and vegetables into our baked goods and snacks. And these muffins provide a nice dose of Vitamin A from the carrots, and Omega-3 fatty acids from the walnuts and flaxseeds.
They’re also quick and easy to make! The most time consuming part of making these muffins is grating the carrots and chopping the walnuts. And that doesn’t really take that long.
How to make these muffins
Preheat the oven to 375° F.
Mix the ground flaxseed with very warm water and set it aside.
Finely grate the carrots, and chop the walnuts.
Combine the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
Whisk together the wet ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk in the flaxseed mixture.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together until combined. Fold in the carrots and walnuts.
Spoon the batter into a 12 cup muffin. Because these muffins are oil-free, they will stick to regular cupcake liners. To prevent them from sticking use parchment baking cups, silicone muffin cups, or a silicone muffin pan.
Bake for 17-20 minutes, until the top of a muffin springs back when touched, or when a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Can these muffins be made gluten free?
I haven’t tested these muffins with gluten free flour, but I believe they would turn out great with a gluten free 1 to 1 flour blend.
How to store these vegan carrot muffins
These muffins will keep at room temperature in an air tight container for about 3 days.
You can also store them in the freezer in a ziploc bag or airtight container for up to 3 months.
Pin to save for later
For more yummy baked goods, see:
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a rating and feedback below. It only takes a few seconds, but helps other visitors to my site and helps my site gain other readers. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment!
And be sure to sign up for my email list to be among the first to hear about my new recipes. (I promise not to spam you or share your information.)
Vegan Carrot Muffins
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed mixed with 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 ½ cups grated carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Mix the ground flax seed with very warm water and set it aside.
- Finely grate the carrots, and chop the walnuts.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk in the flaxseed mixture.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together until combined. Fold in the carrots and walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into a 12 cup muffin tin lined with parchment baking papers, or into a silicone muffin pan.
- Bake for 17 – 20 minutes, until the top of a muffin springs back when touched, or when a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Nutrition calculations are approximate.