These Vegan Corn Muffins are slightly sweet, moist, and full of corn flavor with the addition of whole corn kernels. They are the perfect accompaniment to your bowl of chili or soup, or to enjoy with your vegan barbecue.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Some product links on some posts are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love to have a piece of cornbread or a cornbread muffin with my bowl of chili. And since I recently shared my recipe for Thick and Hearty Vegan Chili, I thought it was time to also share the Vegan Cornbread Muffins I pair with it. These never last long in my house. My family gobbles them up!
Did you know you can make corn muffins without eggs, milk, or oil? It's easy! Flax seed meal replaces the egg, soy milk replaces the dairy milk, and applesauce replaces the oil. And maple syrup is used to give these muffins a subtle sweetness without using refined sugar.
These muffins are so quick and easy to make. You can mix up the batter in about 15 minutes. Spoon the batter into a silicone 12 cup muffin pan, and bake them for 15 minutes. If you prefer to bake the cornbread in a square pan, bake it for 20 minutes. Within about ½ hour you can have fresh, hot, scrumptious corn muffins!
My husband wants you to know, these really are great corn muffins, so much so that he added this line himself!
Enjoy these Vegan Corn Muffins with chili, baked beans, soup, a salad, your vegan barbecue, or anytime for a tasty snack. These muffins will keep for a couple of days. Freeze them for longer storage.
Here are more tasty muffin recipes
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a rating and feedback below. It only takes a few seconds, but helps other visitors to my site. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment!
And come join my Oil Free Vegan Recipes and Support Facebook group, where you can share your favorite oil free vegan recipes, and give and receive support on your plant based journey.
Vegan Corn Muffins
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ¾ cup corn kernels
- In a small cup or bowl, mix together the ground flax seed and hot water. Allow to sit for several minutes to form a gel.
- In another small bowl, stir the apple cider vinegar into the soy milk and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flax seed mixture, maple syrup, and applesauce to the soy milk and stir. Pour this mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir just to combine. Fold in the corn kernels. Pour the batter into a 12 cup silicone muffin pan or an 8 inch square baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes for corn muffins, or 20 minutes for cornbread.
Nutrition facts are approximate.