This Vegan Pepperoni Pizza Panini is a delicious pizza in a sandwich! An easy and satisfying lunch or dinner that’s quick and easy, and oh so good!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
After coming up with my tasty pepperoni recipe and my amazing vegan mozzarella, I just knew they would make a great sandwich together. Oh, boy, was I right! This is one of the best sandwiches I’ve eaten!
Spicy pepperoni, tangy pizza sauce, and melty mozzarella, grilled to perfection! It’s out of this world!
The pepperoni, the mozzarella, and the pizza sauce can all be made in advance. So this sandwich can go together in minutes! Perfect for when you’re in the mood for pepperoni pizza, but don’t want to take the time or heat up the oven to make one!
What do I need to cook this pizza panini?
If you don’t have a panini press or grill, you can cook your sandwich in a non-stick skillet. Place a weight on the sandwich like a small plate topped with a can of food to press the sandwich while it cooks.
- Bread of choice – a dense bread works better than soft bread
- My Oil Free Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- My Easy Oil Free Vegan Pepperoni
- Marinara or my Quick & Easy Pizza Sauce
What else could I put in this vegan panini?
Some tasty ingredient additions for this recipe are:
- Sliced black olives
- Sliced mushrooms
- Tomato slices
- Bell pepper
- Fresh basil leaves
What kind of bread should I use?
My favorite bread to use for this sandwich is homemade sourdough bread. However, any bread can be used. It should, however be more dense than soft. When buying bread, I always check the label to make sure it is vegan and oil free. Gluten free bread or whole grain bread would work well with this recipe.
How to make this sandwich
This recipe couldn’t be easier.
- Spread pizza sauce or marinara on one slice of the bread.
- Add slices of vegan pepperoni.
- Top the pepperoni with slices of vegan mozzarella and place the other slice of bread on top.
- Place the sandwich in the panini press or Foreman grill, and grill until the sandwich is golden brown.
Here are some other delicious vegan sandwiches!
- Buffalo Soy Curl Sub
- Quinoa and Black Bean Burger
- TLT (Tofu, Lettuce, Tomato Sandwich)
- BBQ Soy Curl Sandwich
- Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Italian Sausage & Peppers Sandwich
- Vegan Sloppy Joes
- Chickpea Burger
- Hummus Veggie Wrap
- Vegan Philly Cheesesteak
Are you new to oil free cooking? Check out my Oil Free Cooking Tips to learn more about oil free baking, roasting, sauteing, and more!
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a rating and feedback below. It only takes a few seconds, but helps other visitors to my site and helps my site gain other readers. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment!
And come join my Oil Free Vegan Recipes and Support Facebook group, where you can share your favorite oil free vegan recipes, and give and receive support on your plant based journey.
Vegan Pepperoni Pizza Panini
- Panini Press
- Spread pizza sauce or marinara on one of the slices of bread.
- Add slices of the pepperoni.
- Top the pepperoni with slices of mozzarella, and place the other slice of bread on top.
- Place the sandwich in a panini press or Foreman grill, and grill until the sandwich is golden brown.
Nutrition facts are approximate.