These quick and easy Vegan Wraps with Hummus are loaded with flavor and nutrition. They are a delicious way to have a healthy “go to” lunch for those busy days.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links.
When you’re in a hurry, these hummus veggie wraps are a fast, simple, and healthy way to make lunch a breeze. Made with tasty fresh vegetables, the options and combinations are endless. Some homemade or store bought vegan hummus, any veggies and leafy greens you choose, a dab of a favorite sauce and some seasonings will make lunch delicious!
You’ll love this Vegan Hummus Veggie Wrap Recipe Because:
- They’re fast and easy to put together. Five to ten minutes to gather and prep the veggies and assemble the wraps. Great when you don’t have a lot of time for a meal.
- You can create any tasty combo’s you like. Add or subtract any ingredients you want. Be creative with your veggie wrap options. Swap out protein sources such as tofu, tempeh, or black beans. Make it asian, or mexican style just by changing what you choose to put inside.
- These vegan wraps are healthy. So many vitamins and nutrients, plenty of protein and healthy carbs, the body’s main energy source. The more variety in the veggies you add, the healthier the wrap!
- They are convenient. you can put together veggie wraps with whatever plant based ingredients you have on hand such as mixed greens, sun dried tomatoes, canned chickpeas or spinach leaves. How about adding some sliced fruit or red bell peppers, the sky’s the limit with these vegan wraps!
Ingredients for Vegan Hummus Veggie Wraps
It’s so fast and simple to create delicious, easy, healthy lunches with a few ingredients such the following:
- Tortillas – Oil free tortillas like our fat free or whole wheat varieties are the healthiest option. You can also use flat breads such as naan or pita that make a tasty veggie wrap too! For a gluten free option, choose gluten free tortillas.
- Hummus – It’s actually quite easy to make homemade oil free hummus such our roasted garlic hummus that can stay fresh for a week in the fridge, enough for several hummus wraps. There are several store brands as well. You can even use flavored hummus!
- Avocado slices – delicious and packed with vitamins, omega 3 fatty acids, protein, and healthy carbs.
- Tomato – always a favorite, a great source of A & C vitamins and antioxident compounds.
- Cucumber – refreshing and crisp, adding more nutrients and antioxidents to this healthy meal.
- Mushrooms – add an earthy flavor and interesting texture. They also can aid in digestion and boost the immune system.
- Carrot – add sweetness and crunch to the veggie wrap. High in vitamins and beta carotine for healthy vision and even reducing cancer risk. It’s one of the super foods!
- Lettuce – and other leafy greens add more flavor and texture variety with lots of nutrients; low in calories but high in “all important” fiber. Mixed salad greens are a great option!
- Shredded cabbage – Red, green, or both, adds more satisfying crunch and umami flavor to this vegan wrap. It too has lots of great nutrients that help with inflammation and fighting cancer and heart disease.
- Onion – Spicy, sweet, and sharp, they give a flavor kick to any hummus wraps. Like the other veggies, onions are packed with cancer fighting, immunity boosting, and blood pressure lowering compounds.
- Hot Sauce (optional) – any favorite variety or substitute with other types of condiments.
- Salt, Pepper – to taste.
How to Make Vegan Hummus Veggie Wraps
Take a tortilla wrap, preferably an oil free type like our fat free or whole wheat varieties (gluten free tortillas are can be found at stores) and place it on a plate or cutting board. Spread about 1/3 cup of the creamy hummus onto the tortilla up to about an inch or so from the edges of the tortilla.
Add the various collection of veggies you prepared for the the wrap and layer them on top of the hummus (home made or store bought) . Spread additional hot sauce or other condiments on the veggie wrap, if desired.
Fold the sides of the tortilla and then roll it up. Cut it in half for a convenient size or just pick it up whole and enjoy your healthy hummus veggie wrap.
Explore our Quick & Easy Vegan Cookbook
Frequently Asked Questions
Generally, the most common ingredients in hummus wraps do not freeze well.
You can refrigerate hummus wraps for 2 to 3 days in an air-tight container. The tortillas or other packaged wraps can be refrigerated for 2 or 3 weeks and frozen for up to several months. Homemade hummus and mixed greens will keep about a week in the refrigerator.
You can grill these wraps lightly in a pan, a panini press, or toaster oven for a slightly crisp and warm wrap.
Looking for more vegan sandwich recipes to try?
- Vegan Chickpea Burgers
- Vegan Sloppy Joes
- Chickpea Lettuce Wraps
- Vegan Pepperoni Pizza Panini
- Vegan Italian Sausage & Peppers Sandwich
- BBQ Soy Curl Sandwich
- Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- TLT Sandwich
- Buffalo Soy Curl Sub
- Quinoa and Black Bean Burgers
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a rating and feedback below. It only takes a few seconds, but helps other visitors to my site. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment!
And come join my Oil Free Vegan Recipes and Support Facebook group, where you can share your favorite oil free vegan recipes, and give and receive support on your plant based journey.
Vegan Wraps with Hummus
- ⅓ cup hummus
- 1 oil free tortilla
- avocado sliced
- tomato sliced
- cucumber sliced
- mushrooms sliced
- carrot shredded
- lettuce chopped
- cabbage shredded
- onion slice
- hot sauce optional, any preferred type
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Warm the tortilla between damp layers of a kitchen towel or paper towels in the microwave for about 30 seconds to make it more flexible.
- Spread 1/3 cup of oil free hummus in the middle of the tortilla, leaving an inch or so around the edges.
- Layer the various chopped, sliced, and shredded veggies on the hummus layer.
- Add any additional desired seasonings and hot sauce to taste
- Fold the left and right edges of the tortilla then fold over and roll to make a wrap. Cut the wrap in half for two easy to handle pieces.