This Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is easy, hearty, and so versatile. It’s packed full of healthy vegetables, and along with some whole grain bread, it’s a perfect meal for these crisp, cool days.
We all know that we should eat more fresh vegetables, and what better way than packing them into this homemade vegetable soup. The beauty of vegetable soup is that you can add just about any vegetable you like. It’s a great way to use up whatever veggies you have in your fridge, and load your soup with nutrients!
Why make your own vegetable soup? It’s so much more economical than buying it in a can. And you can control the ingredients. But the best part of making homemade soup it that it tastes better than any soup you can buy!
What vegetables did I use?
Other good vegetable choices would be green beans, bell peppers, cauliflower, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, cabbage. There are so many options! Soup recipes are so forgiving, you can often change it up any way you like.
How to Make Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
Start by sautéing some onion and celery on the Sauté setting of the Instant Pot. Add a small amount of water to keep the vegetables from sticking. Once the onions are translucent, add the remaining vegetables except the peas. Cook the soup on the Manual setting for 5 minutes with a natural pressure release. Then add the peas and let the soup continue to simmer on the Keep Warm setting for about 5 minutes.
If you are gluten free, leave out the barley, or substitute it with rice. If you like noodles in your soup, leave out the barley and add a half cup of small pasta when you add the peas. Simmer on the Keep Warm setting until the pasta is cooked.
More Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Vegetable Stew
- Easy Vegan Black Bean Soup
- Potato Kale Soup
- Vegetable Dal in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup
- Mexican Brown Rice
- Vegan Sloppy Joes
- Black Eyed Peas and Greens
And if you’re an Instant Pot fan, don’t miss my roundup of over 25 oil free vegan Instant Pot recipes from around the web!
Pin to save for later
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot
- 1 onion diced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 3 ribs celery diced
- 4 carrots diced
- 1 small zucchini diced
- ⅔ cup frozen corn
- ⅓ cup barley
- 2 large kale leaves chopped
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon dry parsley
- 2 teaspoons dry basil
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup frozen peas
- In pressure cooker, sauté onion, and celery until the onions are soft and translucent. Add a small amount of water to keep the vegetables from sticking.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another minute, until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the peas, and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. Allow pressure to come down naturally.
- Open the Instant Pot and stir in the peas. Let the soup simmer on the Keep Warm setting for about 5 minutes, until the peas are cooked.
Nutrition calculations are approximate.